Lars initially joined the Institute of Bee Health in August 2014 to complete his PhD in Biomedical Sciences. He is now currently a post-doc researcher. His main research interests involve studying the impacts of neonicotinoid pesticides and pesticides on bee health. Key interests are studying the interactions among various bee stressors as well as focusing on male insect health. Additionally to research in both the laboratory and the field, he assists in coordination of student research projects at the Institute.
- Post-Doc, University of Bern, Switzerland, 2018-present
- M.Sc. Ecology and Evolution, University of Bern, Switzerland
- B.Sc. Biology and Chemistry, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Germany
- ASEM-Duo Thailand Fellowship Programme, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2016
- The Foundation for the Preservation of Honey Bees Scholarship, Atlanta, USA, 2017